Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I have a confession to make.

Last week, I had more blow it days than perfect days. And that hurt to admit! I have lots of excuses for why we ate out so much last week and why neither I nor Sam ordered anything even remotely Thrive approved, but I won't bore you with any of them. I must say that I am beyond shocked at how quickly those bad habits can re-emerge! For 8 weeks we did great...rarely eating out, following Thrive religiously with very few blow it days. Then last week, life happened, and instead of using what we learned with Thrive to get through it, we just reverted back to our bad habits. You would think that after the first day of eating bad, when the heartburn set in, when the gas set in, when the stomach upset set in, we would have got a clue and started eating right. But no, it turned into another day of eating junk, followed by heartburn and all the rest. We talked about it every night, how miserable we were, how did we eat like that every day in our "past life", and yet we woke up and did it again the next day....and the next...and the next.

I am proud to say that I have now had 2 perfect days and am finally back in EFB. I feel 100% better, and hope that by writing this here, I can look back on it when I am tempted to blow it again and see that it really wasn't worth it. I am afraid to step on the scale and have decided to give it a week so that I don't fall over in shock when I see the number, LOL!

So to you Thrivers out there who may be tempted...it ain't worth it. The stomach upset alone is enough to make you wonder how on earth you lived this long eating food that bad for you, LOL...

As for me...I will just subtract these bad days from my allowed blow it days and move forward.

3 comments:

  1. I was gonna be asking you when your next post was coming and I checked here real quick and saw this.

    Thanks for this post. Great job getting back on track. It happens. I will be excited to here your next weigh in results. Hang in there, and if you have to, blog every day to keep you focused. :) I like reading them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't even know how i stumbled upon this blog, but i currently am not following any weight loss plan or "way of life" change. however, i did weight watchers about 3 years ago, the point system, and had great results. I lost 20 pounds in about 12 weeks. I also worked out on my total gym and lost at least 2 pant sizes. i did not lose muscle. I lost fat. I ate pretty much anything i wanted, as long as i stayed within my points allowed. and yes, i had the occasional blow it days. (without any weight gain) thrive just seems too much trouble. I have observed many people at work following the plan. I intend on starting back on WW soon. It is an easy plan to follow, and has great results if you do it correctly. I am glad you have good results with Thrive, but I will stick to something that has been around for a long time, and has many years success to back it up. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete