Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Fat Chick did a 5K!

Photobucket

That's right, I managed to drag myself 3.1 miles. I wondered several times if I was going to make it, but I just kept on keeping on and finished! I was one of the last 5 to finish, but you know what, it didn't matter! I FREAKIN FINISHED IT! My sister (DeathMetalMommy ~ her blog is linked to the right) finished around 45 minutes...my mother was about 50 minutes, and I brought up the rear at one hour and some odd seconds.

A friend of mine was the paramedic riding along with the racers/walkers/crawlers/limpers...he kept checking in with me. I think they were more worried about the fat chick making it than the 92 year old man who was behind me, LOL...to be honest, though, so was I!! A group of about 9 friends from WW showed up and walked together...they were all much faster than I was, but wonderful people that they are, they circled back around to where I was after they finished and walked me in to the finish line. It felt so good...though I think most of that was that it was OVER, LOL!

I am definitely going to keep doing these...I felt such a sense of accomplishment afterward, and I am so proud of myself.

Some of the girls are talking about doing the Clocktower Run in August. We'll see about that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment