Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Is that ME?

I caught a glimpse yesterday of a different me...not the lumpy, dumpy, unattractive person I have felt like for so long, but like the beautiful, self-confident person I am becoming.

When I look in the mirror, I am always prettier than I am in pictures. That's just how it works...I don't know what a camera does to me, but it definitely makes me unattractive, LOL! Yesterday though, as I put my makeup on, I realized that, while I still have a LONG way to go, my face is thinner. Instead of all the chins and fat, I saw my big blue eyes and a hint of cheekbones. It was a bit of a shock and made me put down the makeup brush and look at myself.

My face isn't the only change...I also noticed this week that I am getting my shape back...a shape other than round blob! My waist is smaller and I am taking on more of an hourglass shape. For "normal" people, this is no big deal and probably seems a bit stupid, but for people who are overweight or obese, you know this is a huge thing.

It's amazing to me that I can see these difference with only 19 pounds gone...what will another 19 pounds gone bring???

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Girl Look Out! You are in for a pleasant surprise of what 19 more lbs will bring.... Keep it coming,,, you are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I like the way you stated that people always look prettier in the mirror to themselves then they think they do in pictures. LOL. That's very, very true.

    ReplyDelete