Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 2

(originally written on Jan 2nd)

Wow, what a difference a day makes!

Yesterday was day 1, I was motivated, energetic and feeling great! Got through the day with no problem, even got my water in, which is no small feat for me. Fast forward to today and I feel like I ran head first into a brick wall...literally! I forgot how hard sugar withdrawal hits me...it will feel like this for several days. I guess it could also be some caffeine withdrawal...so I'll have to find a diet mountain dew today. When I start having withdrawal symptoms in just 24 hours, it shows me how much sugar I was eating in the first place.

Today I get to go for our first weigh in of the Biggest Loser competition I was invited to join. It's a big group of local women who are committing to a 6 month competition. We are putting in $25 each and weighing in once a month...the one who has lost the biggest percentage of weight in June will win the pot. I am so excited about this...I think it will definitely help me out with staying motivated. Plus, the once a month weigh ins will show great losses, which will feel great, even though I will still have my regular weekly weigh-ins too.

I'm off to take some ibuprofen, get dressed, drink a bottle of water and get some clothes and maternity stuff put on ebay. Here's hoping for a great rest-of-the-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment