Sunday, January 10, 2010

My "Why"

Thrive wants you to dig deep and come up with your "Why"...why you want to lose weight. I am going to share here what I put in my journal about why I want to lose. It may be repetative from my 100 Reasons, but these are the ones that came to my mind.

~~
I am tired of seeing rolls of fat in the mirror. I want to feel good about all of me. I want to wear a bathing suit. I want to shop off the rack at a regular size store. I want to fit in all booths. I want to keep my kids from getting fat. I want my husband and kids to be proud of me. I want to see my grandkids. I want to live a long, happy, healthy life with Sam.
~~

Of course there are more than this, but this is what came to mind when I was writing. I have since, though, came up with something else that, as small a thing as it may seem, seems huge to me:

I want to know what my face looks like.

I know what I looked like as a child. I know what I looked like as a teenager. But I have been fat as long as I've been an adult. I see bits and pieces of myself...my eyes, my lips, my nose, but it is all surrounded by fat! I don't even know what my true face shape is without all the fat. I have always assumed (and been told) that I have a round face...but is it round without the fat? Who knows, I may have a completely different shaped face under all this! I like the pieces of my face that I am able to focus on, but I would so love to see what I look like, as a whole, minus the fat. I have always been told I have a "pretty" face...who knows, maybe I really do!

I am going to pull out some old pictures where my face isn't puffy fat and put them on the fridge ~ just to remind me of this goal!

3 comments:

  1. totally understand where you're coming from with the face thing; i have wondered about that many a time. Good idea using it for motivation - think I'll try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I am motivated more each time you post the 100 reasons. But I like the challenge to dig deeper and come up with "why". I'm slowly but surely working on my 100 reasons, some of them mirror yours but I want to dig deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have only been overweight as an adult. I was considered pretty and attractive as a teenager and received lots of attention - now I actually can't stand for people to look at me!

    Your 100 reasons are helping to motivate me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete