Saturday, January 9, 2010

nothing important...

First of all, I realize I made a typo...I actually lost 7.8 pounds last week, not 7.6, LOL! But who's counting? ;)

Today is my Biggest Loser weigh in! As crazy as it sounds, I am scared to death I'm going to step on the scale and it's going to show I've lost nothing, even though I know I have! I would so love to be down even another pound, but I'm not counting on it! The BL competition is based on % of weight lost...this week, both me and my sister (Deathmetalmommy) lost 3% of our body weight. 3%!! That is a seriously measurable percentage of fat, GONE! Neither of us may win this competition, but we plan to give them a run for their money! :) I am so thankful that my friend invited me to join them in their competition...don't know if you read this or not, but thank you, TW! It is giving me so much motivation to keep going...and now that we made it through the first week, we only have what, 23 to go? LOL!

I am so determined to get this weight off! There is so many motivations for me right now, I would be crazy not to take advantage of it! In the next 6 months, I want to get 40 pounds off. To weigh as much as I do, this is very much a do-able goal...and I will be thrilled at anything above and beyond that!

So far, 2010 has helped me to take control of a lot of things that have spiraled out of control the past few years, from my weight to my house cleaning. I have always been an extraordinarily messy person. A packrat. Lazy. There are lots of names for it, and they are all me! I feel as if I should confess something here...though maybe "confess" is not the right word. Maybe "admit" is. After a lot of research and talking to my dr, I have been diagnosed with ADD. Getting on the correct medication for this has changed my life! I am able to pay attention to things, I am able to think about things before I do them, I am able to follow directions to do things...and this is what has helped me in getting my house in order. For the first time in the 11 1/2 years we have lived here, our 3rd bedroom is a 3rd bedroom and not a junkroom! My house is clean! It's like I am crawling out from under the rock I have lived under for so long and starting to live again!

2010 is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment