Saturday, August 1, 2009

A change.

As anyone who reads my blog will know, I have greatly struggled the past few weeks of Weight Watchers. It has gotten so that my favorite thing about WW has become my downfall. I always thought that WW was great because I could eat anything, as long as I had the points for it. However, it had become with me that WW was great because I could eat anything. Period. So when my pre-paid 10 week membership was up, I did not renew it. This makes me sad because I have made great friends at WW...friends that I don't want to lose...but I also can't afford to keep attending meetings when I'm not losing weight.

A few weeks ago, I had someone contact me via Facebook. She has read my blog and saw my WW struggles. She told me that she is a Thrive instructor. For those who don't live around NWGA, Thrive is a weight loss/lifestyle change that Travis Martin (a local man) has come up with. (www.thriveweightloss.com) There are people all over the area losing lots of weight and getting healthy. My mother is one of those. Let me tell you a bit about my mother...for as long as I can remember, she has been trying one diet or another. She may do Atkins, she may do Nutri-System, she may try WW, she may be a vegetarian. But she just could not get the weight off. After talking about trying Thrive, she bit the bullet at the end of April and joined. Now after 3 months, she has lost 22 pounds and gone from a size 20 to a size 14/16. She looks wonderful and says that she feels great.

After much soul searching, I decided to join Thrive. I had my first meeting last night and did my 2+ hour grocery tour today. I have already learned a lot, and will officially start tomorrow. One of the best things about this is that my husband has also said that he wants to do this with me. He needs it even more than I do, which makes it worth the money to learn the program.

So I am still around, and will be updating you on my Thrive progress. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear your experience with Thrive. A co-worker told me about it recently but I can't find any info about what I can and can't eat. I have tried WW in the past and my problem is similar. I would save my points for snacks and other treats, so then I would usually still be hungry. I hope you have had success and will share it with us here!

    ReplyDelete