Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm a loser!

I had my weigh in this morning for my first week of weight watchers. I had a really good week, stayed in my points every day...but then yesterday I ate more than I should have. I stayed in my points, but I had more carbs than I needed and I also ate late last night, so I wasn't expecting much...so I was shocked to see I had lost
5 POUNDS!!
Yes, 5 pounds. I got my first star this week! For those not familiar with weight watchers, they give you a bookmark, and for every 5 pounds you lose, you get a star sticker to put on it. I am so happy!
I also realized tonight that it is the small steps that matter. Today was my husband's birthday and we went to eat at a The Steakhouse in Rockmart. In the past, I would have thought to myself that it was a special occasion and just eaten whatever I wanted...but tonight I didn't. They bring out breadsticks like Olive Garden's, which I did eat, and then hubby wanted potato skins...since I knew I wanted one of those, instead of getting the steak and fries I wanted, I went with the grilled chicken salad. And for the first time ever in the 15+ years we have been together, he ate more bread than I did! Whoo-hoo for me! So instead of giving in and eating whatever I wanted, I chose what I wanted the most and had it, and kept the rest of the meal low cal.
G'night everyone ~ don't forget to set your clocks forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment