Thursday, March 5, 2009

No turning back now!

OK, I typed a long entry here last night about what I was doing this week and signed on today and it's gone. Just gone. Apparently my computer ate it or something. And since I am not as inspired as I was last night, this will just be a summary of it, LOL...

OK, as for my title of this post...No turning back now...that is because I have officially registered to participate in the Cave Spring Road Race 5K run...er...for me that may be 5k walk...or 5k drag-yourself-over-the-finish-line-and-collapse...Either way, I am going to do it! I am so excited! This is something I have always said I was going to do, and now I am going to finally do it! I may be the very last person over the finish line, with even the 90-year olds passing me, but that's alright with me.

I have now been doing WW for 5 days, and I am doing really well with it. My clothes are already starting to fit better and moving around is better. I am hoping for 5 pounds this week, but not really expecting that much. We shall see! I am working on changing my eating habits...we went to El Alazan to eat Mexican last night and I did pretty good. Usually we share cheese dip and sour cream and then fajitas with multiple flour tortillas and baskets of chips (hey, they're free, right?)...last night I had a soft chicken taco. I added a little sour cream and lots of salsa...and I even kept the lettuce on the taco! (for those who know me, you know what a big deal this is!)

I will weigh in Saturday morning and come report in here. :)

Happy Day to all!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on taking the plunge into the 5K race world!! I'm signing up for my first one in May! Nervous, but excited! Hope they other racers don't have to call 911 for me ;)

    ReplyDelete