Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh the dreaded weigh in...

As I have mentioned before, I have done WW before. Joined up probably more times than I can count. Made it past week 2 or 3 before having a bad week and refusing to go back. This week has not been hard. At all. In fact, I have pretty much flown right through it. But then I stepped up on my mother's scale a few nights ago and was back where I started the first weigh in. Yep, I was back UP 5 pounds. I know, of course, that all scales are different, and that it isn't likely that this is what the WW scale will show, but it still throws a caution flag up in the back of my mind. Am I SURE I had a good week? Did I slip in extra calories without realizing it? Am I getting up in my sleep and stuffing my face with anything I can find in the refrigerator? Or is her scale just amazingly different from the one at WW? What if I get up on that scale in the morning and the little lady just looks at the scale, nods, writes down the number and then hands me back my book? I know then that there is a gain. I don't think I can handle a gain in my 2nd week. I shouldn't have a gain in my 2nd week. I didn't realize how much it was bothering me until I started typing here...I think I really am freaked out!

I am a carb junky. Seriously I could live off of bread and potatoes. This is something that in the past I haven't really been able to cut back on...this time around, though, I find myself eating much less bread. I have gone from every single meal (and sometimes in between) to about once a day. I am not even fixing garlic bread with spaghetti anymore. And I am okay with this. Strange. But it is a change that I have needed to make for a long time...a change that I had to be right in my mind to accomplish. And I think I am there.

I just wish I was feeling some sort of difference...in my clothes, in my knees, in the mirror...just somewhere, so that I was more confident about going to WI in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment