Sunday, March 8, 2009

This week, my goal is...

to get at least 48oz of water down every day. I struggle with getting ANY water down on a day to day basis, and I know from my past weight loss attempts that if I get my water down I will show a good loss every week.

Why drink water? Here are a few reasons...

  • Water prevents and cures heartburn
  • Water jump starts your body (and caffeine doesn’t)
  • Water helps preserve healthy body weight
  • Water washes out toxins and other metabolic waste products
  • Besides pure water, adequate fluid replacement helps to maintain hydration
  • Women who drink more than five glasses of water a day are 41% less likely to die from a heart attack than those who drink less than two glasses.
  • Incidence of cancer in the urinary bladder is reduced significantly by a high fluid intake
  • Water is the nutrient your body needs the most. Between 55 and 75 percent of adult body weight is water.
  • Water makes your skin healthier

There are plenty of other reasons, but this is all I got right now, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment